Monday, November 8, 2010

Monday, November 8, 2010

Yesterday we stopped for a couple of hours in Hershey Pennsylvania. The kids and I spent two days there last year and we wanted Gary to see it. We were in need of a driving break so it was perfect timing.

Milton S. Hershey is one of the greatest American heroes, in my humble opinion and not because he made the best chocolate, but rather because he failed several times in his business endeavors and never gave up, built an entire city and kept people working through the depression, and created a school for disadvantaged boys that is still operating today. If you get a chance, read up on his biography, it’s fascinating.

Last night we stopped for gas and found FREE water and FREE air. Woo Hoo! When we started this trip I was under the impression that we would only be able to travel for a night or two before requiring a campground visit in order to “reset” everything, but it seems like we might just be able to travel indefinitely without hooking up. It’s all very exciting to me and I feel like we are finally getting some experience under our belts.

I am hugely regretting not buying the travel coffee pots that Marden’s was selling for $10. Right now we need to turn on the generator to make coffee, but if we had that nifty coffee pot we could run it off the batteries. Oh well, I guess I just got caught saying, “I should have bought it when I saw it at Marden’s!”

We slept last night  in a Virginia Walmart, and today we travel to visit with some North Carolina friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment