Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sunday, November 7, 2010

I lost my entry from last night. Sigh.  I was all excited because we found a FREE dumping station that caused me to do a happy dance of joy in the parking area.

Also, leaving "first thing in the morning" translates literally as "3:00 in the afternoon". We got lucky this morning because no one remembered the time change so we got out early.

Last night we stopped in Poughkeepsie New York because it was home to the nearest Walmart to where the children’s complaints/baby’s crying started. I was so excited to be staying in Poughkeepsie and offered 10 points to whoever could tell me who lived in this wonderful town. Of course no one had the answer so I had to tell them; Poughkeepsie Phil!

While shopping in the Walmart I offered to cheer up a grumpy teenager by offering to ask every Walmart employee if they knew Phil personally because we had traveled all this way and hoped to meet him.

Later, in the camper after singing “Poughkeepsie Phil” out loud for the four hundredth time that “Puxatony Phil” came out instead. Ooops. Then of course everyone claimed they would have known who lived in Puxatony!

We had a great time last night laughing way too hard. I know it’s only been a few days and our trials have been few, I’m really enjoying this.

Katherine would like to give a shout out to Amanda and the Gang. I’m going to have to see about setting her up with a user name on this blog so she can post. She has a lot to say; her journal is filling up quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment