Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday, April 15, 2011

Today I bought myself a crockpot. This may seem like a very insignificant thing, but I assure you it was a big deal for me.

First of all, because I HAVE a crockpot back in Maine. Maybe. Gary gave away most all of what we had, but some things were stored in the attic. So it’s possible that I have a crockpot at home, and without knowing for sure, it seems wasteful to buy another.

Second, I didn’t find one at a thrift store. I did find a very old, rather small crockpot with a broken lid and the did agree to take some money off because it was broken. I started thinking about what I really wanted, and this small broken crockpot was NOT it. I realized that it was okay for me to have something NICE and even NEW!

I drove to the store intending to go crockpot shopping. Some of my older “approved babysitting” children wanted to go in, as did Gary, so I told them to go in and buy me a nice crockpot. I didn’t go look, I didn’t choose one, I didn’t even give them any instructions past “round”. I just TRUSTED that my family would find me exactly what I wanted and needed.

And you know what? They totally rocked it.

I am so excited to start cooking in my new (and not just new to me! Insert happy dance here: ) crockpot. I might even start some oatmeal right now so it will be waiting for me when I wake up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment