Saturday, January 22, 2011

Friday, January 21, 2011

We were able to get into Lazy Days for three nights and we greatly enjoyed their free wifi, free breakfast and free lunch, their wonderful pool and hot tub that is open whenever we go, and especially our new friends, the Focht Family. Katherine was invited to sleep over and she had a blast. The girls slept in the playroom/tree house in the Focht’s new fifth wheel.

It was a really neat experience to spend time with Bonnie, Nathan, and Patti. At times it felt strange because I have been reading them for years and felt like I already knew them. Heck, I let my child spend the night with them! They are seasoned full timers and were so generous with their knowledge. Nathan even took my Josh for a night to teach him some computer programming. They lost track of time and finally I went after him around 11. Then I lost track of time and Gary had to come after me at midnight! Oops!

It’s always culture shock to me when we leave Lazy Days. When we are there we don’t even take out the coffee maker; there are barely any dishes to do, and I hardly even have to think about what to feed people. Not to mention the free shuttle that takes me where I want to go.

We came back over to the Orlando area so we could visit Disney again. We have been successful at boon docking overnight between visits to the theme parks. Today we purchased a Thousand Trails Membership and didn’t waste a minute before trying it out. I have to say, so far I like it very much. We checked into a TT resort near Orlando and paid a whopping $0 for our two night visit. Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment