Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sunday, December 19, 2010

We are staying at the same campground for a month, so while things do happen that are blog-worthy, the sameness makes it feel as though there is nothing to report.




We met a fabulous family from New Jersey. I don’t’ even know where to begin, but suffice it to say, I feel like she “gets” me. She knows about things that are important to me, but that no one else knows/cares about. Certain details that I never get to talk about, or if I do talk about them, no one understand! 

They are Rainy and J.C, their travel buddy Josiah, and their children, Jacob and Alan. They are traveling missionary musicians. I just LOVE them. We have plans to sit together this week and “do school” with our children, but I fear that she is going to kick our butts. On a good day, we get some math done. Her normal day goes from 9-3:30 with a break for lunch. Yikes!

I’m sitting now in the rec room trying to prepare for the week. I’ve been here for an hour and have not even finished the printing of ONE subject for ONE child. God help me. I still need to get it al printed then bring it to Staples to have it bound, and that’s just the math. The rest of it, eeek. I don’t know where to begin. 

Christmas is right around the corner and we still haven’t quite figured out what we are doing. Ideally we will be able procure Disney tickets, but that is not a definite. I don’t want to go with the Christmas crowds, however our month is up on January first. Gary and I don’t want to stay here at this campground another month, and I don’t know that we really have any other good options. Everything is always so stinking complicated. 

We were able to get in on a Groupon for another amusement park. It’s called Old Town, and when we visited Orlando 6 years ago we opted to take the kids there rather than Disney. It’s much like a carnival, only permanent and it’s just a fraction of the cost of most amusement parks. This Groupon was for 50% off, so it will make a nice addition to their limited gift haul this year. 




No comments:

Post a Comment