Friday, February 25, 2011

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

We stayed in bed really late today, and frankly, I’m embarrassed by it. Getting out of bed is never easy, but when you have a warm, snuggly, just turned one year old pressed up against you it’s doubly hard.

Whenever I sleep late I’m reminded of Randy Pausch who realized that he was dying and didn’t want to miss a second of time with his family. If I were dying, would I stay in bed late? I don’t think so. I would wake up early and rouse my kids out of bed, and we would play games and do crafts and cherish every moment.  I think I would also eat a lot of pork ribs.

Traveling without a tow vehicle is really hard. The minute I can figure out a solution, we will get one. Today we have a need to do laundry, not a pressing need, but it would be nice. We also need some automotive supplies, so it would be nice to run to the store. If we go, it’s going to be an all day event as we need to unhook the camper, pack up the inside, pull up seatbelts, etc. It’s a lot of work, and takes a lot of time. When ever the motor home moves, we first need to pack up everything we own, as if we were moving. So if we go, our whole day will be consumed with traveling, and the things that we need to get done around here will need to wait for another day






.

The good news is that while here with our friends, they have been very generous in offering to take us to the store, so that’s been really great, but I don’t want to impose on them any more than we have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment