Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Sunday, June 26, 2011


We were invited over to hang with a good friend last night. These friends saved Gary’s butt this winter when he flew home to empty out the house. He told them to come take whatever they wanted to do with what they pleased, and knowing that he needed the entire contents of the house removed, took everything. At the time Gary told me that he would never have gotten it all done without them, as they literally took away garbage for him.

I knew that they had much of out old stuff, as she would periodically say, “OMGosh, we are just loving (insert beloved item here) and are so happy to have it!” but I wasn’t prepared to see my old things in her house. When I walked in, I saw my former beloved bowl, a gift from another good friend, sitting on her kitchen table. It literally took my breath away. It was a knee-jerk reaction, I think because I have been able to believe that all my stuff is tucked safely away in the attic, and this was an in my face example that I no longer own much of anything.

We ate dinner on my old purple dinner plates and used my old Correlle bowls, and heck even watched a movie on our old television! My friend was so gracious and told me that if there was anything at all that I felt I wanted back it wouldn’t bother her in the least, but truly I don’t want any of it back. I was honestly happy to see that those things were being used and making her happy. What I said to her was that Karmically, that wouldn’t be good for either of us. I wouldn’t trade a single one of my experiences this last 8 months for all the things I used to own!

No comments:

Post a Comment