Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Monday, May 2, 2011

Still here at Lazy Days. This weekend it feels like time is moving very slowly as we are just in a waiting period.

Tomorrow we will make a run to the grocery to make sure that Gary and the kids are well stocked in preparation for my leaving on Tuesday. I’m excited that I’m going to get to visit with three girlfriends on my trek to bring back our van.

I’ve been thinking recently about people and how I fit in; how we fit in. We recently had the pleasure of spending some time with a real live “dirty hippie” the other night. He spoke about our fellow RV park residents, referring to them as “capitalist pigs”. It was kind of an aha moment for me. Up until that point, I have felt like we pretty much fit in wherever we are. Sure, we haven’t found anyone just like us, but everyone seems to have something that we can relate to, including this dirty hippie. When he made the disparaging remark it really occurred to me how different we are from everyone. We aren’t dirty hippies, we aren’t capitalist pigs, and yet, everywhere we go we do find some way to connect. That is what is different on the road, and that is what makes it so nice. When there is something that we don’t agree upon, it’s okay to just focus on the things we do agree on.

1 comment:

  1. What a great perspective you have! It is one that I need to emulate. Focusing on the positive, the things in common, instead of the negative or the differences.

    I can't wait to see pictures of your new RV!!!

    Also, I was going to email you about a campsite you might be interested in, but couldn't find your email address. I thought I had it somewhere? I'm not very organized at the moment. UGh. Sorry. Email me though, woulda? Mothering4Money [at] hotmail *DOT* com

    Are you going to be at Orlando again next year? I hope so! Gonna work harder to come out of my shell and actually socialize next time. LOL

    xoxo

    p.s. have a safe trip on the way up for the new RV

    ReplyDelete