Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Another neat thing that happened was the solution that materialized after we ran into a snafu when Robbin went to get the new tires. The place we had planned on wouldn’t take my credit card over the phone, so we then planned to have Robbin pay for it herself and we would reimburse her. Then they didn’t have the tires in stock. We called around to every place we could think of and they either didn’t have the tires or couldn’t fit her in until next week. While I was on the phone with the gentleman from the Uhaul shop were we were arranging a tow dolly rental, I again took a deep breath and asked the Universe to guide me to figure this out. Jim and Robbin were on a tight schedule and if everything didn’t go exactly as planned they wouldn’t be able to take the van. So here I am on the phone and I feel a nudging that this man can help. I had a mental battle with myself about asking him for help, but I finally found a way to fit it into the conversation and I asked if he had any suggestions for us. He named a place that I didn’t even know existed. I gave them a call and not only could they fit her in immediately, their price beat everyone else by a significant amount!

The plan is for me to fly to North Carolina with the baby (who is quickly becoming a toddler!) and drive the van the rest of the way to Florida. Then we will transfer all our crap and move in to our new home!

The dealership where we purchased has been just wonderful to us. I’m so happy that we were able to do business with LazyDays; they are just amazing!

Before I forget, another neat thing recently is that we were sidetracked from our travel plans by this trailer purchase. We came here hoping to find a larger motor home, and we were just about ready to leave when we fell for the trailer. Had we not purchased the trailer, we would have been in the path of some pretty nasty weather

No comments:

Post a Comment