Monday, April 18, 2011

Friday April 1, 2011

Recently I made a commitment to myself to be writing more often, and posting several times a week to my blog. I even verbalized some of these goals. Last night, I came home, very tired, but I knew that I had many things that I needed to put into words so I turned on the computer, opened my journal to see what I last wrote about, and discovered that everything I’ve written past February was gone. For whatever reason, when my computer last ran out of juice, instead of recovering everything it just reverted back in time. Sigh. So I’m disappointed, to say the least.

Interestingly enough, what I’m feeling compelled to write about today is loss. (interrupted by a couple on a golf cart delivering my daughters bike because she had a bad fall. Ugh. She’s okay now.) Anyway, there is an element of loss to this lifestyle. Every time we leave someplace, we have to say goodbye, and sometimes it isn’t easy.

Joshua in particular has really started socializing recently. He leaves the house at 8AM and we don’t generally hear from him until 11PM when he texts to check in, then midnight or 1AM when we text him to come home. But now, he again needs to say goodbye to his friends, the people that he has been spending 15 plus hours a day with. We know that there will be more good times and more relationships formed, but that doesn’t make it any easier to say goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment