Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sunday, February 27, 2011

For Christmas this year Gary and I each received a ceramic travel mug with a silicone lid. Gary is forever filling a coffee mug, placing it down, then forgetting which one is his. He will often steal take accidentally pick up a coffee that doesn’t belong to him. These mugs eliminated that problem, because mine is pink, his is brown.

However, ceramic is not motor home friendly. A few weeks ago my beloved mug fell out of the cabinet and shattered. I wasn’t here at the time, so my family decided that since I loved the mugs so much, they would take all the colored silicone from my broken mug and trade it with Gary’s so that it would appear that it was his mug that broke. It was a kind gesture for which I am grateful, but it’s hard to trick a mom. I could tell by the way the broken mug was placed in the garbage can that the silicone had been messed with.

I began a search for a replacement mug for Gary. I went to a few stores and all were sold out. Then Katherine and I together spied one lonely mug, placed behind some other objects, and it was brown! Score! We were so happy!


Fast forward another week, and doesn’t my mug break again? This time it was Christopher who picked it up and slammed it down on the concrete pad (at our “premium site” at the Ham house!). Joshua suggested that we try repairing it, and low and behold, it was successful. Thank you E6000! The only problem was that Gary had already thrown away my silicone lid. Sigh. He is such an amazing husband that he offered to retrieve it for me. My mug is whole once again.



So here I sit, my family still asleep as I savor the first cup of coffee of the day in my beloved coffee mug; the wonderful pink mug that reminds me of how much my family loves me and that they value my happiness as much as I value theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment